top of page

St. Clare's Primary School, Harold's Cross is situated on a beautiful landscaped site. It was founded in 1803 and is the oldest Catholic school in the Archdiocese of Dublin. It was originally an orphanage school. The school opened to the general public in 1952 and now caters for boys and girls from Junior Infants to 6th Class, as well as four autistic classes. 280 pupils currently attend the school. The school has a part-time secretary and full-time caretaker/gardener. After school care is provided within the school. There is also a pre-school on the school grounds which provides one year “free” Pre-school education through the Early Childhood Care & Education Scheme (ECCE).

bottom of page